Thursday, June 2, 2016

Sunshine! and exciting news!!




As you might know I have been the surprise Guest for Seize the Birthday challenge blog these past two months!  What you don't know is that Nancy has asked me to stay on as a full time DT member of this terrific blog!!  I have been busting with excitement waiting for the chance to share my wonderful news!

Our first challenge in June at Seize The Birthday is a "Toppings" challenge.

Our "Toppings" option this time is...

" Sunshine"







I created this card using a technique Laurie Willison recently shared on MIM.  I stamped my pretty Penny Black flower in Versamark and heat embossed it with white EP.  Then I masked off the borders of my card with Washi Tape and  sponged some Daffodil Delight SU ink.  I removed my Washi Tape and stamped my "Sunshine" sentiment in Versafine Black ink.  Next I colored the flower with Prisma Pencils - blending with Gamsol.  finally I added some bling and sat back and said... "I love this!" heehee am I allowed to say that?

Well I did love it so I decided to make a little gift pack for my Step Mother using more of the pretty floral images in the same Penny Black set.







The uber talented Mynn Kitchen owner of "On a Stampage" blog is our Surprise Guest for June and July.  If you are not familiar with her blog you really must go pay a visit! Be sure to leave her some "Sunshine-Love" when you do!! : )



Thank you for considering joining the challenge at Seize the Birthday! We just love seeing your work in the gallery.  Don't worry if you are not a "Toppings" kind of person because Anything ALWAYS goes at STB!

Thank you again, Nancy for your always encouraging and kind comments on my work and especially for inviting me to be a part of your outstanding design team!! I am having a blast working with all of you!!

Thank you friends, for stopping by.  I hope you are having a wonderful day!

My granddaughter, Katie is flying in tonight! I am so excited : ) I will be a little preoccupied this week but I will get out to visiting all of you soon I promise! : ) 

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Supplies:
Floral Fusion by Penny Black
Sentiment on my second card uses "Oriental" by Penny Black
Treasured Sentiments by Penny Black


29 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

Congratulations on the new permanent gig!! LOVE your masked and embossed parade of goodness today! Have a Blessed time visit Katie:)

JoAnn said...

Hi Patti and welcome to the Seize the Birthday DT. Glad to have you on board.
I love your beautiful cards and the technique you used. I really like the sentiment on the first card. It seems to be calling my name. :)
Have a great weekend.

Colleen said...

Welcome Patti! I am so excited to have you be a permanent design team member!! Your card is brilliant!! The color just screams sunshine and the perfect sentiment for the topping challenge! Have a wonderful time with your granddaughter!! Family always comes first11. Heart Hugs, Col

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful ombre sponging!

Joyce said...

Wonderful news about your permanent membership on the STB Design Team. Such a fun challenge, and I always try to play along. Love your collection of cards today. They are all so very pretty.

Jen Mitchell said...

Congratulations on your new (but also not-so-new) DT gig! And what a way to start off! You are indeed allowed to say that you love this card because it is gorgeous. Your sponging is perfect and the border around the edges really draws the eye in to the flower and the sentiment. What a great card!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Welcome, Patti! I love your beautiful cards. All of the colors are lovely!

Linda said...

Congratulations Patti and well deserved. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous especially the yellow one. Love them all.

Lisa Elton said...

Oooooohhhhh CONGRATULATIONS Patti, I'm SO HAPPY for you and this is well deserved!!! Your cards are gorgeous. I especially love the first one! SO happy you got your Sweet Pea set! Can't wait to see what you create!!

Happy Dance said...

Congratulations!!!!!! How exciting!!! I'll be doing a little happy dance just for you! Lovely news. And lovely cards. I've a soft spot in my heart for yellow, and your first card has made me just smile. That's an amazing PB set, and I might have to do a little shopping.... Bev

Darnell said...

I love that you are spreading your wings more and more, Patti! Congratulations on the wonderful news! I'm sure Nancy is delighted to have you on the team! Your gift set is utterly gorgeous!! Have a blast with Katie!! Hugs, Darnell

*Vicki* said...

Yay!! BIG CONGRATS on your new DT!! I'm not surprised as you do some beautiful work my friend! :) I absolutely LOVE your gorgeous cards here with the faded coloring!! Just soft and gorgeous!! Enjoy your weekend! HUGS

Jeanne said...

Heartfelt congratulations to you on your new designing spot. That's so exciting. I hope you have a ton of fun with it. This set of cards you made is absolutely gorgeous. It's no wonder they didn't want to let you get away. :) That first card is especially beautiful. Lovely color and a fabulous sentiment. Enjoy your week with your special visitor. :)

Birgit said...

Oh Patti, what gorgeous cards! Seize the Birthday is blessed to have you on their team! Congratulations my friend!!

Peanut said...

Congrats, Patti! I am bursting with joy for you. You SO deserve this honour. Love all the cards you produced here.... the colours are so vibrant and luscious... and I am craving a snow cone right now. Enjoy your time with Katie and have a super fun weekend.
Big Hugs, Asha


Diane Jaquay said...

Congrats (any DT should be thrilled to have you!) I love your cards, particularly the yellow one (my favorite color), I need to try this technique! Enjoy your visit with your granddaughter!

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations, Patti! That's wonderful news!
And these cards are all gorgeous! I can't even pick a favourite!

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations Patti, so very well deserved and they are lucky to have you x Such delicate and pretty cards, fabulous techniques, colouring and layouts. Have a great time with Katie and as always thank you so much for the terrific inspiration x

Taunya Butler said...

SUPER DUPER EXCITED for you!! They are so lucky to have fabulous, talented you!! Love these cards, so lovely and bursting with beauty!! You are just such a delight to me!! I hope you have the most wonderful time with your granddaughter!! Precious times, for sure!!

Kim Heggins said...

Congratulations to you!!! Love your wonderful cards, just beautiful. Have fun with your grand daughter too!

Lynne in NI said...

Yippee, congratulations Patti! They obviously know a good thing when they see it!
These cards are so pretty, bet your Step Mum was well pleased :)

Nancy said...

We are the lucky ones Patti! Love each one of these cards and thanks for your consistent inspiration! HUGS!

Jodene said...

Gorgeous cards Patti, and welcome to the team! It's so great to have you as a new permanent addition. I look forward to getting to know you better xx

Leslie Miller said...

You certainly are allowed to say that because it's an absolutely gorgeous card! Have I mentioned how much I love yellow? But that's not all! Three gorgeous cards today. Be still my heart! Love the look of the sponging and the relative simplicity of design. Beautiful! Oh, and congrats on your new gig!

Marybeth said...

You are terrific and so are your cards! Congratulations Patti! What a stunning card!

Mynn xx said...

Patti, these are AMAZING! I LOVE the way you did your sponging--and the sentiments are all gorgeous! Thanks for having me as your guest at STB! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Jacquie Southas said...

Congratulations on joining the Design Team at STB, Patti! Your cards are always an inspiration :)

Kathy Mc said...

Patti, congrats on your new assignment at Seize The Burthday! They are lucky to have you. Your card set is gorgeous. Love the masking and how your sentiment flows over the masked edge. Great work, Patti, and looks like you and Katie are having a blast.

cm said...

Cheering and applauding (again!) the news of your permanent residency over at STB! Thrilled for you and, especially for us: more opportunity to see your marvelous creativity in action. Your cards...breath-taken-away! Gorgeous...as in WOW Gorgeous!
Hugs~c