Monday, August 4, 2014

August Sunshine



It got a bit steamy here in northwestern Wisconsin over the weekend.  Not something that is uncommon for this time of year - except this year! We certainly have had strange weather this summer.  I am not complaining at all!! it has been cooler than normal and blissfully dry! I will take winter snow and cold over the summer humidity any day! : )



My card was inspired by a little pad of paper I purchased.  It is the kind with a magnet on the back so you can attach it to your refrigerator.  I dolled it up with some stamping and string.  I followed the Chevron print on the paper pad and similar colors for my card.  I began by "washing" a piece of solid white cs with color using Pebbles Chalk.  Next I layered my Chevron Cover Plate over the top and finished it off with the sentiment that I popped up with foam squares.  I kept the same theme of string on both the paper pad and card. And found this gem stone in my stash that is close to the color of a Peridot - the August birth stone. : )

Sometimes while out enjoying the blogs of fellow papercrafters I've read that some say their husband are supportive of their paper crafting hobby. That is a wonderful thing to share but I wonder how many gals could say they have gotten their husband to be a human easel for them : ) heehee.  I really wanted to get a good picture of the paper pad but couldn't think of anything to prop it up with.  I tried holding it myself but with only one hand I was unable to adjust my camera settings.   



Here is a better picture of my little altered paper pad and the wrist of the most handsome, sweet, funny, kind and good - human easel a girl could ever hope for! : )

Have a great Monday friends : )

Patti

Supplies:
White cs from PTI
Chevron Cover Plate by PTI
Birthday Classics: August Stamp Set
String and gem from my stash : )
80 sheet "List Pad" purchased from Wal-Mart

14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I LIKE that paper pad and your soft pretty card is perfect with it! that's a "handy" husband you have there haha!!

Carole Z said...

Love the inspiration you've taken from the pad Patti, gorgeous soft colours...we have been having beautiful summer weather, I'm not a winter fan at all! Hugs Carole Z X

Golden Goddess Designs said...

I was wondering who's are that was...glad you aren't that hairy! very nice card!

Taunya Butler said...

What a beautiful and soft looking card - LOVE the background - so awesome!! Cool to make it match the notepad!! So clever!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful notepad and card, Patti!
I love giving note paper as gifts and this is one more idea to CASE ;-)

Pink Peep said...

I love the colors! The way they are muted just makes the card pop! And now I need to another item to my PTI wish list!

Jenelle said...

I love the card! The light colors are perfect with the white chevron die cut. So pretty!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card Patti, I really really love that soft tone, so so sweet! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO! and thanks for your sweet comment too!

Peanut said...

This is soooo beautiful, Patti! I'm sorry I havent been around much. I keep falling behind on everything. I pray you are well, my friend.
hugs, Asha

Happy Dance said...

First, your card is beyond stunning. Oh Patti! This is so soft and lovely. What a great place for your inspiration too - that pad is so fun. I just love this card. No...I LOVE this card! Bev

Diana K said...

What a gorgeous set! I especially love that softly coloured card - I can't stop looking at it!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh my goodness this is so softly colored underneath all those chevrons. It's beautiful!

Marybeth said...

LOVE the look of the soft colors! Beautiful!
We had steamy weather and that was not normal for us...I hated it.reminds me of visiting WI when we went to see all our relatives. I love seeing them but not the humidity .

Beth F. said...

Awesome card! It matches the paper pad perfectly! Guess what? I got another adorable package from you in the mail today! The scarf is gorgeous and I know my MIL will LOVE it! I am so glad you got your card :) Hugs to you, my crafty friend!