Friday, April 4, 2014

12 x 12 Pet Theme Shaker layout

Before I begin my post please join me in welcoming my newest follower, Darnell of djkardkreations blog. She is a talented cardmaker but that's not all! She is friendly and funny and a make you laugh out loud! writer.  Please visit her blog and tell her Patti sent you : )


I created this scrapbook layout for my friend, Barb's store.  I actually created two  - one for dogs and one for cats.  There is a shaker card inset in the lower half of the page. 

Let me re-build it from the bottom up so that you can get a better perspective of what you are seeing : )   The bottom layer is a 12 x 12" piece of tan card stock. In the center is a 6 x 11" piece of aqua cs taped flat on top of the tan cs. On the bottom portion of the aqua cs is a piece of clear acetate printed with words about cats in a soft gray color.  I separated the acetate from the aqua cs by running foam tape all around four sides creating a box.  Before I taped the acetate down I enclosed some flowers that I had punched out from paper scraps from this layout.

This shows a different angle when the flowers are scattered around in the shaker box.

I placed a long floral border down the left side and a thinner strip of cs on the bottom and right side of the aqua cs to concealed the foam tape. 

The top of the shaker box is actually concealed underneath the photo frames : ) Neat huh?

The "tickets" are just  1 x 2" strip of paper with the corners punched out with my SU ticket punch.  The sentiment banner "Best Friends" is only a piece of the acetate cut out and layered on top of aqua cs.


The photo color is really off! I had photographed this layout using the wrong setting on my camera and they were too far off to be able to adequately fix them in Photoshop.  I'd already given the kits to Barb before I realized my error so I was unable to re-shoot the picture.  But! I wanted to share the layout so I hope you will overlook the icky brownish green coloring.

It is snowing out right now and they are "promising" up to 18" in this two day storm! But I refuse to be bothered with it!! I know spring is coming! We've even heard reports that the black bear are beginning to wake up and move around (poor dears it is going to be hard finding food around here for a while! : )

Have a wonderful Friday!! and thank you so much fro stopping by!

Patti


6 comments:

Carole Z said...

Hi Patti, this is a gorgeous layout and (lol) I actually like the colours showing in the photos, so wouldn't have thought anything of it if you hadn't said :) Hope the snow is thawing? Hugs and happy Friday to you, Carole Z X

Darnell said...

What a bonus for your friend having you craft beautiful layouts like this for her store! It is so pretty and so clever, Patti!

Thank you so much for the kind words of introduction! I appreciate them!

Good attitude on the recent buggered weather. It just HAS to end soon for you guys and the critters. I feel so guilty with spring popping out all over around here!

Have a great day!! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout! I love the shaker section! how brilliant!!

LOVE your scarves too!

Rose said...

awesome!!! love the shaker section :)

Peanut said...

WOW! A shaker LO! How clever is that, my friend. LOVE the colours...it's my fave combo. Enjoy the weekend, Patti.
hugs, Asha

KT Fit Kitty said...

I just came over to your blog to take another look at your Elegant Cards on a Budget (love those) and I saw this layout - I think I missed this somehow! Fabulous kitty scrap page - and with shaker too! Lovely!

I am still drooling over your elegant cards though - I am trying to figure out how to make some like this myself :-)