Monday, March 24, 2014

Mojo Monday 338


 One of the things I love about Mojo Monday sketches is that they "make" me try designs for my cards that I would never think of! Like Debbie Carriere's sketch this week.  Isn't it neat!?!


I'm not fishing for compliments - honest - I just want to give her credit for a clever design!

This is an A2 sized card on white cs.  I lined up my SU Smoky Slate paper and cut it to fit.  I embossed the Smoky Slate with a SU embossing folder, of which I can't remember the name.  I hand cut some little banners and topped them with the sweetest soft yellow ribbon with itty bitty hearts on it.  I ran them through my sewing machine and then added all the rest of the elements.  Walla! : )



I hope you will join me in playing along with the Mojo Monday sketch blog.  

Thanks a bunch for stopping by!

Patti

Supplies:
SU papers , Smoky Slate and So Saffron
SU image: See ya Later
SU So Saffron ink
die cuts by Spellbinders
Ribbon by American Crafts

6 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I enjoy doing sketches for the same reason -- they make me "think outside the box!"
BTW -- love your take on the sketch - beautiful card!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Very pretty! Love the embossing and the stitching!

Ingrid said...

I love your interpretation of the banners Patti! Super cute card. :)

Peanut said...

Like you, the was really drawn to this week's Mojo sketch. Love that colour combo - very elegant. Perfectly embossed background too. Another fab make, Patti!
hugs, Asha

Nora Noll said...

This card is adorable!! I LOVE the colors you used and the way you did the banners on this. Such a stunning card!!

Carole Z said...

Love this...great colours and beautiful embossing. I enjoy sketches too, they are great for loss of mojo and having a good think! Hugs Carole Z X