Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hippie Chick




 I have spend quite a bit of time recently watching U Tube tutorials on coloring with pencils. Tonight I thought I would put some of my new found knowledge to use.  I carefully colored the image and used Gamsol and a "blending stump" to shade. I was pretty happy with the outcome but I still have questions! so as "they" say "back to the drawing board" heehee


My card design  was inspired by this weeks Mojo Monday sketch which I modified it a bit because I didn't want to cover up my shading job on the birthday girl's STONEWASHED jeans LOL! THEN I trimmed it badly and cut her off at the knees (major no no) but I was so pleased with the shading I didn't want to re-do it. ROTFL

I guess there is very little chance I'll be recruited to create cards for a big successful papercrafting magazine but I like it and  I hope you will too.

Each month I create a card to give away to one of my followers : ) Just follow THIS POST to see the card for my March17th drawing and learn how you could win it.

Please join me in the Mojo Monday challenge.  The ladies behind this wonderful blog deserve all the support we can give them!! : )



Thanks a bunch for stopping by!

Inky (((((Hugs)))))
Patti

Supplies:
Background stamps from PTI "Doodlie-Do"
Birthday girl is a discontinued image by Stamping Bella
Lime Green ink by Versa Color
Prismacolor Colored pencils








5 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow Patti! I really love this!! Gorgeous colors! Love the pops of black and such a cute image!! Great take on the sketch too! Thanks for sharing! Hey…I have some blog candy up for grabs if you’re interested! CLICK HERE TO ENTER! If you’ve already entered, then good luck to you! Hugs - *Vicki*

*Vicki* said...

P.S. Patti, thanks for your comment about my butterfly thank you cards. You had asked if I had ran them through a sewing machine and I did not. I used a paper piercer mat pack. So I used a piercing tool to make those "stitch" holes.

Hope this info helped?

Peanut said...

Love the way you coloured her outfit...esp her stonewashed jeans. Hvae a blessed Sunday , my friend!
hugs, Asha

Carole Z said...

Hi Patti, such a fin card - great colours! Carole Z X

Beverly Ann said...

Patti, This card is awesome! I especially like the jeans, and who needs to see below the knees anyway :) I have to admit though that the baloon effect is my favorite part!