Monday, March 10, 2014

Fashion Forward



I shamelessly lifted this card from Sandi MacIver.  I saw it on Pinterest and knew I had to make it for my niece, Jenny.  Several years ago when Jenny was hired at a very posh - upscale beauty salon and spa she was told she would need to be "fashion forward" and dress as though she were... shall we say a bit richer than the average stylist.

She pulls off "fashion forward" now with ease as if it were a uniform. : )  When I wrote out this card for her I told her if cards could be "fashion forward" this would be "it"!! LOL It is sure to make her smile.

I'm clearly not fashion forward nor am I up on "the" latest product because I know this pretty stamp set has been out a while but I've just been having a blast playing with Dahlias! : )

I stamped two images on the black card stock with Versamark Ink and  embossed them with clear embossing powder.  Then I  stamped two more Dahlias plus my sentiment and embossed those with an opaque white embossing powder.  Easy Peasy.  For the inside of the card I added a white piece of cs and stamped one part of a flower on the lower right corner - which you can see peeking out from the inside : ) Easy Peasy!! Thank  you to Sandi MacIver for the wonderful idea. 

Each month I create a card to give away to one of my followers : ) Please follow THIS POST to see the card for my March 17th drawing and learn how you could win it.

Have a great day!

Patti

Supplies:

SU Paper
SU Regarding Dahlias stamp set



5 comments:

Carole Z said...

This is stunning Patti, I'm going to have to shamelessly 'pinch' it myself :) hugs Carole Z xx

Peanut said...

Oh my, Patti! Can i just call this card upscale über elegant?! The clear and white embossing really elevates the humble dahlia to dizzying heights... I am sooo going to CASE this one! You have been warned, my friend!
hugs, Asha

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful black and white (CAS) card! Absolutely gorgeous!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful card! B&W always so elegant!

Manuela said...

this card looks so classy, wondeful...