Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Vintage Valentine

Valentines Day is almost here and I have not finished posting all my Valentine related projects!! I better hurry : ) But before I do I would like to welcome my newest follower, Shoregirl's Creations.  Please blurf on over and have a look at her lovely creations and when you do, please leave some LOVE! : )


I created this card for a dear friend who may have actually looked a lot like this girl back "in the day".  I hope she will love it as much as I love her!

I purchased this image from Posh Totty Designz on Etsy.  I don't know about you but I LOVE Etsy! not just because I sell my scarves there but because the marketplace is so full of wonderful and unique handcrafted items from all over the world!  Just today we sold a scarf to someone in the Netherlands!! It is really a thrill to think of someone wearing a scarf I made in my sewing room across the ocean : )

Ok, I digress : ) I have only purchased this one image, so far, from Posh Totty Designz but I can tell you this image is crisp and clear! I printed several images trying to decide what I would add to my card and no matter how big I printed it - it was crisp and clear!!

I used two different embossing folders on by background, Quarterfoil from the Paper Studio and Anna Griffin's Foulard.  The oval was cut from Spellbinders as were the heart shapes.  The ribbon was from Wal-Mart and the ribbon rose was from a bag in my "stash" in an unmarked package that was gifted to me.

Have a Happy Wednesday!! What will you be doing? I will be working on scrapbook kits for my friend's store.  I'm having way! too much fun! : )

Patti


4 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Love the vintage image and your gorgeous sentiment banner!

Carole Z said...

Hi Patti! This is a fab card, love the image, Carole Z xx

Rose said...

too sweet!! love the vintage image :)

Beverly Ann said...

Now this image reminds me of the ones we gave and recieved when we were kids :) fun!