Thursday, February 27, 2014

Joy



Recently I posted the question for my Liebster Award:  "What is the most memorable event in your life?"  Here is my answer... 

Being given the honor of being there when my granddaughter entered the world. That happened 17 years ago today and it was one of THE most memorable events in my life.  It was made even more remarkable by the fact that I reached out and she fell into my hands.  Mine were the very first human hands to hold her.

Happy Birthday, Melanie Joy.  I love you and I continue to hold you - in my heart - every day of my life!!


 I selected this image because Melanie is an artist and it reminded me of her.  It is 6 x 6" card.  I printed the digital image on ecru watercolor paper and colored it with watercolor pencils.  Not much else to it but I hope she likes it. : ) Oh, I did add "Stickles Crystal Ice" glitter glue to the centers of each flower and highlighted the butterflies a bit as well. The light reflects off the sparkles but hopefully you can get the idea.

Have a wonderful day!!

Patti

Supplies:

The pretty image was downloaded from iCLIPART
All other supplies were selected from my "stash" and I do not have any other information on them.

3 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Absolutely stunning! Love how you coloured it. And such a nice post about your granddaughter - very touching! Have a wonderful day!

Beverly Ann said...

I really do like this card Patti! It must have been fun to color it. The ribbon and the button really remind me of "THE" dress... you know the one I mean??

Happy Birthday Melanie :)

Peanut said...

I think the colouring is just perfect: subtle, elegant and full of life.I am sure Melanie will adore this. Thank you for sharing your most memorable event with us... beautiful!
hugs, Asha