Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Baby it's cold outside!!

I mean really really cold!! : )  I actually love winter but not everyone in my life shares the feeling.  I have a very good friend, almost like a Mom, whose heart is in Florida! and who especially dislikes the winter here in Wisconsin.  I created this special Christmas card for her. 

Lattice die cut by Stampin Up highlighted with little clear rhinestones

I wanted to simulate a scene outside a window.  The inside of the card has an image of children making a snowman.  I layered the image on top of a background of embossed snowflakes.

Silhouette image from Close to my Heart. Sentiment from Stampin Up
I first cut a square using a square die from Spellbiners and then sandwiched the lattice between the card front and a piece of acetate to create my window.
I'm having way too much fun with the glitter spray I found at Wal-Mart so everything that is not nailed down is getting hauled out onto the back patio to be sprayed!  It is a beautiful snowy look but it is not making the task of photograping my cards any easier.... heehee

I finished off the card front with a bright red ribbon and a white foam snowflake.  As is becoming my favorite color combo of the season I tied two little bows using bakers twine.

It's Christmas Eve and I pray that all the travelers are safely at their destinations and that each heart is filled with the Love and Hope that only knowing Jesus brings!

Merry Christmas!

Patti

2 comments:

Carole Z said...

Beautiful creations Patti, love them! Have a very very Happy Christmas, hugs Carole Z X

Unknown said...

Love the sparkle. Did you spray the paper too?